RYLA 2020 President’s Commitment Form
Please review the Club and RYLA Representative responsibilities before continuing.
If your club wants to participate in Great Plains RYLA, the following stipulations apply:
- Great Plains RYLA is a district-wide activity, not a club activity, therefore all clubs must adhere to the same requirements.
- ALL sophomore and junior boys and girls are eligible to apply. It’s not appropriate for only “select” students be allowed to apply. Every student must be encouraged to apply.
- The only acceptable application is the online RYLA application. Clubs are not allowed to use any other form for students to apply.
- Clubs must do an in-person interview of each student with no less than two Rotarians for each interview.
- Clubs are to have students apply, be interviewed, and then be selected in that order. Students cannot be offered a slot.
- Grade point average, class rank, having a parent as a Rotarian, being involved in Interact, and/or being outgoing in the community are not to be considered as factors for students applying.