- You must have attended RYLA as a participant in the last four years.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills during RYLA, be a good communicator, and should feel comfortable leading a group of peers.
- Have attained a high level of confidence and skill to be a success.
- Attend the staff development.
- Work closely with the Senior Counselor you are partnered with to develop a team dynamic as well as your own skills.
- Lead your team of RYLArians through RYLA.
- Your primary role is to encourage individual and team growth through RYLA.
- Be able to occupy the RYLArians in a productive manner all the time.
- Facilitate all activities and discussions with confidence and ease.
- Use various techniques to help the RYLArians develop their leadership skills.
- Challenge RYLArians to break barriers, be bold, be creative, and be an initiator.
- Put the needs of the RYLArian’s ahead of the needs of the Junior Counselors or staff.
- Report all problems and emergencies to the senior counselor or RYLA chair or coordinator.
- Maintain communication with the Leadership Team.
- Help mentor junior counselors who are serving in their first year.
- Collect surveys from all RYLArians.
You do not have permission to view this form.