We Need YOU!
Current high school students are the future of our society and future Rotarians. Help teach our them leadership by volunteering for a short-term or long-term position. Help instill leadership skills in the next generation of Rotarians!
Interested in having the best week of your life?
Rotary Districts 5630 and 5610 would LOVE to have you at RYLA with us. Below is a list of the positions needing filled and a description of each.
General Volunteer Requirements (for week-long staff only)
- No cost to serve on staff but must get yourself to and from camp.
- Those serving on staff during the week at RYLA cannot drive students to and from camp.
- Must have a willingness to work with high school junior and senior boys and girls.
- Submit a personal medical history including a physical
- Participate fully in all sessions and activities as appropriate.
- Must be able to attend RYLA beginning the day before the first day of camp through the end.
Leadership Team Applications open November 15!
Members of our Leadership Team must have attended RYLA as a camper AND previously as a junior counselor. Team members must have good communication skills, possess the ability to motivate campers, the ability to lead without taking over, and work cohesively with the RYLA chair and committee.
Leadership Team members will support a team of junior counselors with the goal of creating a successful experience for the RYLArians. You will be the junior counselors first point of contact and will need to share and document appropriate information with them from the RYLA chair and committee.
You will actively participate in the selection of junior counselors with the support of the RYLA chair and committee. Assist the RYLA chair to refine and confirm the camp program and speakers. You will prepare and direct the staff development with the RYLA chair. You will actively participate on monthly ZOOM/phone conference calls with RYLA committee.
During the RYLA week, you will be required to facilitate the RYLA program and act as MC throughout the week, direct daily junior/senior counselor meetings and solve any junior counselor disputes. If necessary, you may need to document and communicate disputes with the RYLA chair and coordinator.
You will be invited and should plan to attend the Rotary District 5630 Conference in the spring.
- Obtain materials necessary for RYLA activities.
- Make arrangements to get materials to and from camp.
- Communicate with Maranatha camp staff with need for:
- Etiquette dinner supplies, table service
- Specials meals
- Audio/visual equipment
- Tables and chairs
- Order t-shirts, water bottles, lanyards and gift items.
- Order notebooks and make copies of needed materials.
- Work with the District 5630 Public Image Chair to develop a list of local media contacts within District 5630.
- Develop and implement a promotion plan within District 5630 to promote RYLA
- Promote Rotarians serving as volunteer senior counselors.
- Develop a plan to update video, brochures, and flyers.
- Contact businesses or individuals that would provide financial resources to help fund RYLA.
- Contact businesses or individuals that would provide gifts-in-kind to help support RYLA with materials needed.
- Find opportunities that we can do business with Rotarians for items needed for RYLA that we can purchase or borrow.
- Lead Great Plains RYLA program by promoting leadership to all activities.
- Involve all staff as needed in the setup and execution of activities and events.
- Make sure all audio-visual materials are setup for speakers and presenters.
- Provide fillers between activities and speakers.