Senior Counselor Applicants
- You must be a Rotarian in good standing with your club or be recommended by a Rotarian in District 5630 or District 5610.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must attend all dates of Great Plains RYLA .
- The two major needs for Senior Counselors are to enable young adults to continue their leadership development and to ensure the fulfillment of the goals for the RYLA participants.
- Have demonstrated excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate youth.
- Support and stay in communication with the junior counselor you are paired with to develop your team dynamic as well as the individual RYLArian’s skills.
- Attend all activities with assigned team.
- Oversee the safety of the junior counselor and the team.
- Help make connections between RYLA and Rotary.
- Serve as a mentor to the junior counselor and the RYLArian’s
- Enforce team rules and implement necessary consequences. Any issues that extend beyond group dynamics need to be reported to the RYLA chair.
- Assist the junior counselor in facilitating all activities and group discussions as necessary.
- Accomplish any tasks that require leaving the group temporarily; the junior counselor should never leave the team.
- Maintain communication with the RYLA chair and coordinator.
Senior Counselor Applications for Great Plains RYLA will open November 1, 2021