Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is an intensive leadership experience sponsored by Rotary International and organized by Rotary clubs and districts where young people can develop leadership skills while having fun and making connections.
RYLA emphasizes leadership, citizenship, and personal growth, and aims to:
- Demonstrate Rotary’s respect and concern for youth.
- Provide an effective training experience for selected youth and potential leaders.
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth.
- Publicly recognize young people who are rendering service to their communities.
The goal of the Great Plains RYLA Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to past Great Plains RYLA awardees to further develop their leadership skills through post-secondary education. Two scholarships will be awarded in 2022.
Past Rylarians are Eligible to Apply:
- You were awarded a Great Plains Rotary Leadership Award and attended Great Plains RYLA.
- You have been accepted into a post-secondary institution.
- You are entering their first year of post-secondary education in 2022.
- Provide one recommendation using this Recommendation Form.
The Great Plains RYLA Scholarship will provide each awardee a one-time award of $500. Payment will be made directly to the awardees post-secondary institution after notification is received that the student has begun classes. The award can be used for any expense associated with the student’s first year attendance at a post-secondary institution.
All applications must be submitted via the on-line application below by March 15, 2022 at 11:59pm.
Applications for the Great Plains RYLA Scholarship have closed.